VANESSA L. CHOW, PE
Vanessa Chow joined Insight Structural Engineers in 2008 after obtaining her Masters of Science degree from the University of California at Berkeley and gaining three years of construction management experience. While at her previous firm, she provided on-site construction management services for the San Diego State University and California State University, San Marcos.
Vanessa recently served as the Project Engineer on several new and existing buildings for Rusnak Auto Group. She has also performed numerous structural evaluations and provided construction documents for Boeing and Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems Division in El Segundo.
- University of California, Berkeley
Master of Science in Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Materials
- University of California, San Diego
Bachelor of Science in Structural Engineering
Professional Registration and Accreditation
- Civil Engineer, California
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- Structural Engineers Association of California
- US Green Building Council
- Insight Structural Engineers (2008-present)
- O’Connor Construction Management (2004-2007)
- Contributed to design, modeling, cost analysis, construction and presentation for a Seismic Design Competition for Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research (PEER).
Awards and Honors
- SEAOSC Excellence in Structural Engineering Award for Rusnak Pasadena, 2013
- UC Berkeley Fellowship, 2007-2008
- ASCE Impromptu Design Team Award, 2004
- PEER Seismic Design Team Award, 2004