VANESSA L. CHOW, PE
Vanessa Chow joined Insight Structural Engineers in 2008 after obtaining her Masters of Science degree from the University of California at Berkeley. She is a licensed professional engineer in the State of California with over 14 years of experience in structural engineering and construction management.
She has managed numerous projects from early design phase through construction administration on a wide variety of new and existing buildings. She enjoys working closely with the design team, owners, and contractors to develop efficient and constructible solutions.
Vanessa is a registered Disaster Service Worker authorized by the State of California to evaluate and tag buildings after an earthquake.
- University of California, Berkeley
Master of Science in Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Materials
- University of California, San Diego
Bachelor of Science in Structural Engineering
Professional Registration and Accreditation
- Civil Engineer, California
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- Structural Engineers Association of California
- US Green Building Council
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
- US Resiliency Council
- Insight Structural Engineers (2008-present)
- O’Connor Construction Management (2004-2007)
- Contributed to design, modeling, cost analysis, construction and presentation for a Seismic Design Competition for Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research (PEER).
Awards and Honors
- SEAOSC Excellence in Structural Engineering Award for Rusnak Pasadena, 2013
- UC Berkeley Fellowship, 2007-2008
- ASCE Impromptu Design Team Award, 2004
- PEER Seismic Design Team Award, 2004